You'd think ShopRite, any, although this is about Little Falls, would want to keep their customers.Then, why are so very many of their employees downright nasty and discriminating, at least at this particular location.

They're always backed up by another employee and even the corporate offices don't seem to care. I've seen many businesses over the years go under, simply because they didn't think enough of the very people who pay their salaries.

Not sure if they just look to hire someone with a low "IQ" in order to pay them minimum wage, or if this is what is considered acceptable behavior.This location deserves an "F" for failure to appreciate people of the community and for not being able to tell the truth......well, at least during my visits and in my opinion.

Oh my god, you are all correct about the employees that work in Shoprite.They all seem to have a puss on their faces and there are few and far between at the Shoprite in Staten Island (Richmond Ave.) that are actually helpful, and, those are the ones that have been there for a very long time, and probably will be retiring soon.

Mostly in the Deli Dept. you can wait on line forever because they are too busy chatting with one another about their problems than caring about what a customer is order.

Pretty Pathetic!!!!I say if you don't want to work there, try and find a job somewhere else.

Bridgewater Township, New Jersey, United States #1269697

I work at ShopRite and most of us are nasty because ShopRite doesn't care about their employees they abuse us and they take their employees for granted they force us to work when we are violently ill and on top of that we have to pretend like we care about serving nasty customers that treat us like garbage because you think we have a low IQ we take tons of abuse but customers only care about their needs getting fulfilled while they treat employees like peasants

Shoprite managers are disrespect ful.now they try to control your personal life like your hair color or style.as long as it is neat what the problem .peopple come in uniform dirty.all type of piercing . people playing in their hair .what!!!!!

Most customers treat us like ***.No hello, mostly just throwing a phone number at me because you forgot your Shop Rite card in the car...

or the first thing you say is paper and plastic then you stare at the screen (god forbid 49 cents doesn't come off a product while you have a 5$ Starbucks coffee in your hand) while we bag your entire order. Being paid minimum wage, barely given hours, then dealing with the customer's BS causes cashiers to be "rude". Its not in my nature to be a rude person, and I personally think I'm a great cashier. But when I say hello with a smile, and you are on your phone or say NINE SEVEN THREE its SO RUDE.

Im a female too, so I deal with creepy men that wink too.We go through so much so don't complain if we are "RUDE".

Your posts only criticize people's grammar and writing skills.Maybe you should move to China and teach English.

It would be a win-win.

Education and IQ are not the same, but you knew that right since your level of comprehension clearly addressed the point this person was trying to make.....

If they hire people with low IQ you should apply there, it is the only kind of job you can get. With your spelling and grammar you obviously have low IQ.

During my visit at Shoprite in East Hartford, CT this morning the cashier was focusing not on her customers but a fellow worker who went through her line. Then something rang up incorrectly on the gentlemen in front of us and she sent another worker to go and check when the worker came back and said it was the wrong item or didn't include that item she didn't get anyone from frozen foods or a manager and didn't even offer. Basically it was a too bad attitude.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1000719

The thing is if the "gentleman" should have bought a parent shopping with him.I would not call a child that is three a gentleman, they are still little boys.

If he were old enough to be called a gentleman he would know how to read the sign and would have had the correct item at the checkout in the first place. Don't blame the store for his inability to read.

You also must be three years old to consider him a gentleman when he was obviously a three year old child.The cashier's job is not to check on prices, it is the person working in that department, ask your parents how things work before commenting so you are more aware of things.

I just bought.(My son bought).

Meatloaf mix.

This wasn't meat.

It took 20+ minutes to cook.Its NOT beef.

Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States #971965

Ok so I work at shop rite and I love my job.I get paid a decent wage and get good benefits.

*** customers will always be ***.

I'm not uneducated I took this job to reduce my stress level as a real estate agent.Mean ppl suck !!!!

New Milford, New Jersey, United States #960293

Shop Rite makes my anxiety level go up.This supermarket is always hectic and sometimes overcrowded.

Shop Rite makes me have panic attacks.

There's a Shop Rite across the road from my apartment and I stopped shopping there.I do my grocery shopping at a different supermarket where the environment is very mellow and where they don't blast music.

New York, New York, United States #933593

Not all shoprite employees are bad and not all are good I just started working for them and I find the men to be egotistical and self centered I work in a position were the think they can treat you like s*** they want you to do 15 jobs but get paid for one management don't give a rats *** about you as a human being but that's the way of the world

Their unfair when it comes to women especially openly *** women

Orange, California, United States #933454

You need to leave double spaces between sentences, this is taught in the first grade, if you do not know this perhaps you should apply for a job having low IQ yourself?

Berlin, New Jersey, United States #923203

I don't have an acct so unfortunately I have to submit this anonymously bc I am proud to say who I am and that I am currently a Shop Rite employee.Although, I'm in NJ it's still simple minded and rude people like you that assume that bc we work at Shop Rite we must be uneducated or incapable of doing anything else but let me be the first to say that I am currently a front end supervisor and i just started this past July to get out of my home and do something bc I was a stay at home mom and wanted a PT cashier position.

In addition to ne we have many people who had to get a position at SR bc there businesses weren't doing well and they needed 2nd jobs...we have two real estate agents and a nurse currently who kept their PT positions at SR bc the benefits are good and it's a great work atnosphere. As for ignorant employees your store should be nipping that right away. As soon as i get a complaint about one of my cashiers or baggers they get written up and depending on the severity they can be suspended or fired. Not sure if its like this in your area, but we are family owned.

So, our store is Zallies Shop Rite in which the.

Zallie family runs and operates so i would find out how to go about finding out who is operating that store on a day to day basis, i dont feel its right they arent kund to you but assuming things about SR workers isn't right..two wrongs don't make a right.

First off, you cannot base all Shoprite employees on your experience with particular people.You cannot categorize people based on the store they work at.

Second, why do so many retail employees in general "give attitude"? You're not seeing the **** they go through in a given day. How many CUSTOMERS come in rude, angry because they can't get the item they came in for, angry about the setup of the store being "too confusing" for them, angry because they got there too late and the sale items are gone etc.

I work at Shoprite. I've seen countless customers come in acting like rude, aggressive ******** and taking it out on us because they know we HAVE to "take it" since we're at work.

I literally had a customer scream at me because his preferred brand of canned potatoes weren't in. When that has NOTHING to do with me or what my job is. They take their anger out on you for things that have nothing to do with you.

I have also noticed how many customers are down right lazy.

They walk into the store and rather than look for the item they want, the immediately go find an employee to ask where it is. Because they are too lazy to look up at a sign and find anything. I have people coming up to me daily asking where the bread is, when there is a giant sign that says BREAD AISLE 8, right above their heads.

It's the constant attitude from many customers, and the sheer stupidity/laziness of many customers that cause the employees to give "attitude".Because day in day out customers treat you like their servant.

to Billie #990969

I agree.There are many aggressive customers who come in and take out their anger on employees for things we have no control over.

Be it a statewide EBT card failure, an expired coupon, a POS machine not properly reading a coupon. All little things that are out of our hands. It's frustrating we have to take it because we're "at work". Employees are like you they just want to make a living and go home to their families at the end of the day.

We have good days and bad days. Just like you we sometimes get angry, we're not perfect.

But that's the reality of a customer service job. No matter how irate a customer may

be, we're not there to argue.

Whoever said you can't make every customer happy is absolutely correct.It's just not possible.

You can not make every customer happy no matter what you do !!!!!Customers are the NO.1 reason we are in business.

We thank the many loyal customers that we have and hope to continuee to be able to serve your needs for a long time to come.

If for any reason you do not get met with a high standard please bring it to our store manager attention.We thank all our employees who have to work hard to meet the needs of the public.

First Born Triplet
to Anonymous Toronto, Ontario, Canada #826513

It does not matter if they are happy or not, a lot of customers go back to the store because they are happy with the service, judging from her review and the tone she uses I think her attitude has a lot to do with how the employees are down right nasty to her, after all she is down right nasty in this review. I wonder what she means by discriminating, probably mistakes being told no as discriminating and being downright nasty.

I would just like to point out that location does matter, as well as customer behavior as well.I have worked with Shop Rite at one of the NJ locations for nearly a year and have barely seen any complaints about employees being unfair to customers.

Personally, about a month after starting, I had an older gentleman be a complete *** to me, yelling at me to mind my own business when I simply greeted him, like we were trained to do during orientation. I kept a smile on my face and turned to work on something else in my department. Did it make me feel good? No, of course not, but I didn't let it get to me.

I know for a fact that my store prides itself on "customers coming first" and often times I need to stay over my hours to finish cleaning the department because I was too busy taking care of customers.Just look at it like this, if you have a nasty attitude towards the associate, who hasn't done anything to you, then don't be surprised if you don't get your way.